Design for Manufacture (QbD)
Verta Life Sciences consultants have extensive experience developing products following Quality by Design principles in compliance with ICH Q8.
- ICH Q8: Design for Manufacture (DFM)- A systematic approach to design and developing reproducible and robust products, processes and analytical methods that follow the principles of Quality by Design (QbD).
- DFM Process: used to meet QbD objectives of enhanced product, process and analytical understanding and control:
- Define the Quality Targeted Product Profile (QTPP).
- Determine the Critical Quality Attributes (CQAs).
- Determine the raw material attributes and process parameters that potentially impact CQAs and perform risk analysis (Risk Assessment).
- Develop a Design Space.
- Define and Implement a Control Strategy. (i.e. Process Analytical Technology (PAT)/Process Measurement Technology (PMT)/Secondary Process Automation (SPA)).
- Evaluate product through it life cycle & incorporate Continual Improvement.
KEY REGULATORY GUIDANCE SUPPORTING QbD