Mike has over 40 years of experience working across all aspects of the supply chain. He has successfully delivered global projects in trade compliance, end to end supply chain, import/export control towers, broker management and shared service operations.
Supply Chain and Trade Compliance expert with four decades of experience in optimising supply chain risk management, cost control and efficiency; following a flawless career with global industry leader, now seeking Advisory / Non-Executive opportunities with start-ups, SMEs and established businesses across sectors.
Has led the strategic design of global supply chain and trade compliance solutions; draws on deep expertise in global trade management, compliance, production planning, distribution planning, S&OP development, sales forecasting and international trade.
Steering delivery of global, multi-year transformation programmes, with a wealth of experience in oversight of large, global, cross-functional teams. Ensuring benefits realisation and transition to BAU through rigorous programme design and controls.
Engaging senior stakeholders in ambitious change agenda; building consensus and facilitating sound decision-making, managing complexity and competing priorities in global, matrix environments against a backdrop of evolving business and industry requirements.
Examples of projects completed:
- Created a standardised operating model which eradicated trade compliance risk; designed and embedded best-practice systems, processes and controls across all aspects of trade operations, assuring compliance with cross-border laws across a multitude of jurisdictions.
- Automated and centralised key trade compliance functions for optimal quality and efficiency; transformed sanction screening from manual risk-based to a comprehensive automated process, delivering nine million screens in three years, and led major data cleansing programme which validated 250,000 records for the accurate origin and tariff classification.
- Built optimal shared services model for duty management, achieving £20M savings and improving compliance; transformed local dispersed operations to standardised and centralised operating model with a robust governance framework, policies and processes across valuation, duty optimisation, tariff classification and other services for global customs operations
- Created and implemented logistics operating model which transformed traditional above-site functions into shared service operations, with a global solution for import/export services covering Manufacturing, Commercial and R&D business units.
- Managed CTPAT (Customs and Trade Partnership against Terrorism) programme to a CTPAT tier-3 company, one of only 200 companies in the US at this time.